SAMBAR MASALA RECIPESambar masala is a popular South Indian spice blend used to flavor the popular dish sambar. Sambar masala can be used to flavor other dishes as well, and is a staple in many South Indian households.
- Preparation Time - 10 Minutes
- Grinding Time - 15 Minutes
Ingredients Used to Make Sambar Masala
Firstly, the main ingredients for this masala are red chilies and coriander. Hence both have to be fresh and of the best quality.
- 1 cup - Coriander Seeds
- 1 cup - Dry Red Chilies
- 1 tsp - Fenugreek Seeds
- 1 tsp - Mustard Seeds
- 1 tsp - Turmeric Powder
- 1/4 cup - Chana Dal
- 2 strings - Curry Leaves
- 2 tbsp - Cumin Seeds
- 2 tsp - Black Peppercorns
- 3-4 pieces - Cinnamon
- 4 tbsp - Grated Dry Coconut
What is Sambar Masala Recipe?
- Collect all the ingredients on a plate.
- Roast coriander seeds and curry leaves in a pan over low flame until coriander seeds turn a little light brown. Move them to a plate.
- Roast chana dal in the same pan until it turns a little light brown. Move it to the same plate.
- Add mustard and fenugreek seeds to the same pan and roast them until they turn a little dark in color. Move to the same plate.
- Roast cumin seeds, black peppercorns, and cinnamon in the same pan for 30-40 seconds. Move to the same plate.
- Roast dry red chili for 20-30 seconds. Move to the same plate.
- Roast scraped dry coconut until light brown. Move to the same plate.
- Let them cool at room temperature for 10-15 minutes and transfer them to a grinder jar.
- Add turmeric powder and grind them in a blender until they have a rough texture.
- Sambar Masala is ready.
However, we recommend you buy the Alco Sambar Masala to save so much of your time and energy.
Health Benefits of Sambar Masala
Disclaimer - This blog does not provide you with any medical advice. It is strictly meant to be an informational and recipe blog only. Please consult your physician or medical expert for what works best for you.
- High Protein - Sambar is made of pulses, a great source of protein.
- Rich in Fiber -Sambar is high in fiber, as it has a variety of vegetables.
- Full of Antioxidants - Sambar contains vitamins and minerals like iron, zinc, folate, and magnesium. Pulses and vegetables form the base of the dish, while a diverse mix of spices adds to its health benefits.
- Easy to Digest - Sambar is an ideal food choice for those looking to improve their digestion. The water and fiber content work together to pass through the intestinal walls. It makes for a much smoother digestive experience overall.
- Helps in Weight Loss - Sambar is delicious, weight-loss-friendly food. To maximize the weight loss benefits, you can increase the number of vegetables and decrease the amount of salt.
Summing Up Sambar Masala
Sambar is a healthy food liked by everybody. It mixes different vegetables and spices. It goes well with rice and Idli.
Alcoeats Sambar Masala makes your homemade Sambar healthy and tasty. This masala will enhance your flavor and taste as it is pure and has no MSG or fillers.
frequently asked questions
- Choosing a selection results in a full page refresh.