Traditional Golden Milk Recipe | Turmeric Milk
Traditional golden milk or haldi doodh, whatever you name, this magical drink is a powerhouse of benefits. It is an age-old Indian recipe that has gained immense popularity worldwide. It consists of warm milk with a pinch of turmeric.
- Serves- 1
- Preparation Time- 2 Minutes
- Cooking Time- 3-4 Minutes
- 1 Cup- Full-fat cow milk
- ½ Tsp- Alco turmeric powder
- ¼ Tsp- Crushed black pepper
- 1 Tsp- Organic sugar (optional)
- ⅛ Tsp- Green cardamom powder (optional)
- ⅛ Tsp- Ground cinnamon (optional)
- 1- Clove (crushed) (optional)
- 1 Pinch- ground ginger (optional)
Step by Step Instructions to Prepare
- Boil full-fat cow’s milk first, place a pan over the heat, put it in the pan, and boil it.
- You can add all the optional spices, such as cinnamon, cardamom, clove, ginger, etc., to make it tasty and infuse these spices' goodness.
- Turn the flame off and strain the milk if other spices are used in a glass.
- Put Alco turmeric powder and crushed black pepper into the milk when it reaches room temperature.
- Mix everything well; add sugar, honey, or jaggery powder to your milk to get the sweet taste only when the milk becomes warm enough to add.
- Boil the cow’s milk first before consuming it to get the germs out of the milk.
- Always remember to drink turmeric milk warm and when at room temperature.
- Traditionally, turmeric milk was prepared with only black pepper and turmeric powder, but you can add as many spices to your turmeric milk. Adding other spices increases the flavor of your drink. Apart from increasing taste, these spices increase the health quotient also.
- Clove and ginger have the natural warmth they provide to the human body; cinnamon is used to provide better digestion.
- Traditional turmeric or Ayurvedic drinks do not contain sugar or any sweetener. But if you like, you can add sugar, honey, or jaggery powder to make it sweet.
- Add honey to your golden milk only when the milk reaches warm room temperature.
Health Benefits of Turmeric
DISCLAIMER - This blog does not provide you with any medical advice. It is strictly meant to be an informational and recipe blog only. Please consult your physician or medical expert for what works best for you.
Turmeric is a super ingredient that provides multiple benefits. It is anti-inflammatory, non-carcinogens, and antiseptic; the list is never-ending—Turmeric milk benefits by adding the benefits of turmeric with the natural milk benefits.
It has medicinal properties-
Turmeric contains a bioactive compound called curcumin, which has many health benefits. It has antioxidants and anti-inflammatory properties. The curcumin content in turmeric as a spice is less to get absorbed quickly.
Therefore black pepper is always included with turmeric, which has piperine that exponentially increases the absorption of curcumin. When you add turmeric powder to your recipes, you might get less curcumin, where turmeric supplement plays a role.
It increases antioxidants-
Curcumin is present in turmeric, which blocks the movement of free radicles in the body to let the antioxidants function correctly. Free radicles in the body disrupt the functioning of other antioxidants.
It decreases heart-related issues-
The most fatal are heart issues. Turmeric curcumin has antioxidant properties and is anti-inflammatory. It reduces the rate of heart attacks. Inflammation and oxidation are the leading causes of heart ailments. Hence, turmeric improves the heart-health.
It may prevent cancer-
Turmeric is believed to reduce the uncontrolled growth of cells and thus prevent the occurrence of cancers. Curcumin is capable of making changes at the molecular level that may protect from cancers. Therefore, golden milk benefits are immense.
It is helpful in arthritis-
Arthritis is a disease in which inflammation in joints occurs. Curcumin in organic turmeric powder actively reduces inflammation because it is an anti-inflammatory. It is believed that curcumin reduces the symptoms of arthritis and the arthritis itself to a great extent.
Warm milk is traditionally combined with a small amount of turmeric powder to make golden milk. This recipe for turmeric milk is simple to make and offers several related advantages. When consumed frequently, turmeric milk has some unexpected benefits.
Turmeric contains curcumin, which has many health advantages, including anti-inflammatory and antibacterial, preventing brain illnesses, enhancing sleep quality, assisting with digestive problems, and more. Combining turmeric and ginger gives the desired warmth.
Turmeric milk can be made by adding black pepper to the heated milk and turmeric root. Turmeric root was traditionally used to make turmeric milk, but powdered turmeric is now frequently utilized.
Get Alcoeats' fresh, golden turmeric powder for all your recipes. It is pure and golden in color without adulteration or dangerous additives to achieve the finest results. With Alcoeats turmeric powder, you can make a turmeric latte, golden milk, or golden latte.
Frequently Asked Questions
- Choosing a selection results in a full page refresh.