Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 30 minutes
Note: All ingredients in blue are available at alcoeats.com
|Kashmiri Chili Powder||1 tsp|
|Coriander Powder||1 tbsp.|
|Turmeric Powder||1/2 tbsp.|
|Curry leaves||2 sprigs|
|Fish (two pomfrets)||500 grams|
|Black Pepper||1 tsp (powder)|
|Coconut oil||1 cup|
|Lime wedge||1 piece|
|Curry leaves||2-3 sprigs|
- Firstly, Blitz the shallots, garlic, ginger, and curry leaves with some water in a blender. Then add the Kashmiri Chili Powder, Coriander Powder, Turmeric Powder, and salt, and grind again to get a fine paste.
- Now score the fish making deep gashes 1/2 inch apart. Rub in the marinade to fully coat the fish cubes. Then heat some cooking oil in a pan. We don't want to deep fry the fish, but we need enough cooking oil to cover the base. When the cooking oil reaches the smoking, then lower the flame to medium, and place two sprigs on curry leaves in the pan.
- Now gently place the marinated fish in the pan. Then fry on a high- medium flame for a couple of mins. Now down the flame and continue cooking closed with a lid. Now open the lid after 10 mins, sprinkle some black pepper powder, and let it fry for some more time.
- Then get the skin to a crispy consistency. Then turn around the fish and fry the other side as well, and sprinkle a dash of Red chili powder on this side as well. Now fry on a high flame again for a min before taking out the fish using a slotted spoon.
- Now if you like your fish fry crispier, then keep frying for a few more mins. Now drain all the excess oil using a kitchen towel. Serve hot with a wedge of lime.
FOR MORE RECIPES: